The resources below can help you to learn about yourself and the world around you. Explore career fields to learn about what will make you thrive. Identify and reflect on your skills, interests, and values. Discover what is meaningful to you based on your intersecting identities.
- Career Assessments
- Career Paths
- Informational Interview
- Connect with Alumni
- Connect with Employers
- Career Fairs
- Majors & Grad School
- Career Assessments: Identifying your interests, strengths, values, and personality can help you make choices when exploring campus activities, academic majors, internships, and careers. We offer the MBTI, CliftonStrengths, Strong Interest Inventory, and Meaningful Work Kit.
- Designing Your Life: Whether you’re exploring what you might want to do or you’ve identified a role or organization to pursue, this module can help you take steps toward designing your career.
Researching Career Paths
- Forage: Engage in virtual mock work experiences designed by employers to help you learn about roles in marketing, finance, consulting, HR, social impact, public health and more. Register using your Stanford student or alumni email.
- CollegeGrad: Career Profiles
- Vault: Professions & Industries: Click on Featured and select All in the search box.
- My Next Move
- Road Trip Nation: Filter by interest to search 4,000+ recorded interviews with professionals.
The Informational Interview
- Designing Your Career: The Informational Interview Video
- Informational Interview Guide
- Mythbusting: How to Connect with Stanford Alumni Video
Connect with Alumni
- Stanford Alumni Mentoring Program (SAM)
- How to Use SAM: Student Onboarding Guide
- Stanford LinkedIn Alumni Page
- How to Connect with Stanford Alumni on LinkedIn Video
- Leveraging LinkedIn: A Guide for Connecting with Alumni
- Stanford Alumni LinkedIn Group Open to Stanford students and alumni
- Alumni Directory
- To Access the Directory, sign up for your free Stanford Pass account.
- PlusFive: Alumni Connections: Resources for alumni and students
Connect with Employers
- Coffee Chats: Informal meetings with employers in a variety of fields
- Networking Questions for Employers
- Questions to Understand an Employer’s Commitment to DEIB
- Career Fair Schedule
- Tips for Navigating Career Fairs
- Virtual Career Fair Tips
- How to Prepare for Your Career Fair “Elevator Pitch”
- Your Elevator Pitch
- Choosing a Major? What to Consider
- Academic Advising: Exploring Potential Majors and More Ways to Explore
- Does Your Major Matter to Employers?