What are Coffee Chats?
Coffee chats allow you to connect one-on-one with an employer and have more informal conversations. You can use these coffee chats to network, gain industry insights, learn about recruitment processes, or anything you may be curious about. Coffee chats are held Monday through Friday during the academic year in the Stanford Career Education building or virtually.
How to Access Coffee Chats in Handshake
1. Login to Handshake at https://stanford.joinhandshake.com/.
2. Click on the account icon on the upper right corner of the screen, then scroll down to the third option: “My Meetings”.
3. On the top left side of the page, select “On Campus Interviews”. (Tip: You can check the targeted “school years” in the schedule names).
4. Select a coffee chat. Click “Apply,” then “Submit Application.” Most coffee chats don’t require any documents, except for some employers from specific industries.
5. Check your Stanford email. You should receive a confirmation to select a slot.
6. After you receive an email confirming access to select an "interview", you should be able to select a Coffee Chat slot.
7. Check out our resources on how to prepare for a coffee chat/informational interview. Additionally, find information on connecting with alumni & employers.