Make an appointment with a career coach to discuss your career-related questions. The conversation might include what you might want to do next in your career, transitioning to other work areas, developing your job search materials, strategizing your career path, or developing professionally. There are many other topics you might want to discuss and we are here to help you navigate your transition. In addition, we offer career assessments for PlusFive alumni.
We provide curated resources to help you explore careers, prepare for the job search, connect with employers, and access job opportunities. Most of these resources are available to recent alumni as well as current students.
Additional Stanford Advising and Resources for PlusFive Alumni
In addition to the career coaches at Stanford Career Education, PlusFive alumni can make appointments with a Cardinal Careers advisor from the Haas Center for Public Service. Each of the Stanford professional schools offers career services for their alumni. Connect with your school’s career center to learn more: Schools of Business, Education, Law, and Medicine. Stanford Academic Advising offers resources and advising for alumni from Stanford undergraduate programs applying to graduate and professional schools. Check out the Guide on Getting into Grad School from the Stanford School of Humanities & Sciences. Mind Over Money offers financial coaching and resources for alumni.
Who has access to Stanford PlusFive?
- All alumni, both undergrad and grad, who have graduated in the last five years.
How do I access services?
- You can access many CareerEd services through Handshake (see below). Don’t forget to update your student email to a preferred email.
- If you haven't signed up for your Stanford Pass yet through the Stanford Alumni Association, make sure you do that today! Separate from your SUNet, your Stanford Pass is used to access the Alumni Directory, update your contact information, register for events and join one of the many global Stanford alumni communities.
How do I access Handshake as a PlusFive Alum?
Are you a recent graduate and you still have access to your original student Handshake account? Please update your email so you will have access to appointment details and reminders, etc.
1. Log in to Handshake using your student email (SUNet ID @stanford.edu) and password.
2. Go to Settings (under your initials in upper corner for web version, in the app it’s under Profile).
3. Update your primary email address (more detailed directions in Handshake).
*Did you graduate a while ago or you no longer have access to your old student Handshake account?
1. Please complete this form.
2. We will update your email address on the back end so you will be able to log in.
Who do I contact with questions or comments related to PlusFive?
- Please email StanfordPlusFive@stanford.edu.