Welcome to Stanford Career Education (CareerEd)! We partner with students and recent alumni to find internships and jobs, explore careers, establish connections, and so much more. Campus partners and employers work with us to provide opportunities and resources to support students and recent alumni in their career endeavors.
Our Mission & Vision
- Our Mission: Stanford Career Education works to ensure equitable access to resources, connections, opportunities, and education that strengthen the self-discovery of Stanford students and alumni in their career pursuits.
- Our Vision: Prepare Stanford students of all identities to explore and pursue careers with meaning, purpose, and impact.
We provide support centered around academic communities.
Each community has access to a dedicated coaching team and customized programming and resources. To learn more about what we offer your academic community, check out your community page:
- Humanities & Sciences (H&S)
- Engineering & the Doerr School of Sustainability
- PhDs & Postdocs
Here are 5 ways students can get started connecting with us:
- Read our weekly newsletter, the CareerEd Connect. Subscribe to our newsletters.
- Check out Handshake. Handshake is our online platform where you’ll find thousands of job postings and an array of career events.
- Attend a CareerEd workshop or career fair. Check out our CareerEd Events page and Handshake for event information.
- Connect with our Belonging, Access, and Career Equity (BACE) team. The BACE team offers coaching appointments and programs focusing on the intersection of identity and career development.
- Get individual career support through coaching and mentoring. Schedule a career coaching appointment and meet with alumni through our Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM) program.
Dig deeper into CareerEd & learn more about our teams.
Meet Our Team
Stanford Career Education (CareerEd) prepares students and recent alumni to pursue and secure fulfilling careers. Members of our team are here to support your success. We provide career coaching, facilitate career programs, teach courses, and partner with our valued on-campus collaborators to provide comprehensive career education for students and alumni.
Career Coaching and Education
The Career Coaching and Education Team provides individual career coaching and programming to support students and recent alumni across all academic disciplines and career interests.
Stanford Career Education is located in the Student Services building on the south loop of Campus Drive.