Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM)
Our Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM) platform makes it easier to reach out to alumni for career conversations. SAM is a platform of alumni from a wide range of identities, backgrounds, and industries— and they’ve all volunteered to help students like you! These alums are eager to pass along what they’ve learned and engage in career conversations no matter where you are in your career journey.
Explore the Network
The SAM platform enables you to browse alumni profiles. Alumni profiles contain helpful details such as industry, identity, and major. Depending on your needs, you can select from a menu of help topics in each profile, such as job shadowing, mock interviews, choosing a major, and more!
Get Started with SAM
- Go to mentoring.stanford.edu (it’s accessible via Single Sign-on).
- Create an account and a short profile as a way to introduce yourself to alumni.
- Go to “Explore the Network” where you will find filters to narrow down your profile selections.
- Use our customizable email templates to get the conversation started.
- Send the message via the platform and await their response!