Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM)
We offer the Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM) platform to make it easier to reach out to alumni for career conversations. SAM is a database of over 5,000 alumni from a wide-range of identities, backgrounds, and industries – all of whom have volunteered to help you. These alumni are eager to pass on what they have learned to you and are happy to engage in career conversations no matter where you are in your career journey.
Explore the Network
The SAM platform enables you to browse alumni profiles. Alumni profiles contain helpful details such as industry, identity, and major. Depending on your needs, you can select from a menu of help topics in each profile, such as job shadowing, mock interviews, choosing a major, and more!
Join a Mentoring Group
Join mentoring groups based on identity or industry. Once you’ve joined a group, you can browse alumni member profiles to identify individuals with whom you’d like to connect. All you need to do to initiate contact with an alum is to click the Message button on their profile.
Get Started with SAM
- Go to mentoring.stanford.edu (it’s accessible via Single Sign-on).
- Create an account and a short profile as a way to introduce yourself to alumni.
- Go to “Explore the Network” where you will find filters to narrow down your profile selections.
- Use our customizable email templates to get the conversation started.
- Send the message via the platform and await their response!