Main content start
The best way to interview effectively is to prepare ahead of time.
Below are five steps to get started on preparing.
- Know yourself and the organization: Review the job description and determine which of your skills and experiences are relevant to the position. Learn about the organization by reviewing their website, Glassdoor, Linkedin, and press releases.
- Prepare for common questions: Check out our list of sample interview questions. Learn about how to answer questions by reviewing How to Answer the 31 Most Common Interview Questions.
- Practice makes perfect: Practice interviewing using Big Interview. Big Interview provides training curriculum and video practice to help you improve your interview skills.
- Formulate your questions: Consider what is important to you in your career, work culture, and what you want to learn in your next opportunity. Read Any Questions? What to Ask in an Interview.
- Know where you're interviewing: If the interview is in person, confirm you know where you're meeting the employer. If it is a virtual meeting, find a quiet place to meet. CareerEd provides interview rooms for student use. To reserve a room, complete this interview room request form.