Reflect & Refine
Take time to reflect on what you’ve learned through your experience. Doing so will enable you to refine what you are seeking in your career.
Ask yourself the reflection questions below or after any professional experience, whether it be after you’ve spent some time job searching or after you’ve just finished an internship experience. Share your answers with a career coach or mentor to have a more in-depth conversation to help you process your professional experiences.
- What did you like about your experience? What did you dislike?
- What energized you about your experience? What was draining for you?
- What about your experience would you like to replicate? What do you want to avoid?
- What surprised you?
- What questions do you still have after your experience?
- What are the must-haves in your next experience?
- What are your next steps?
Make a Coaching Appointment
No matter what step you’re taking on your career journey, our career coaches are here to listen, brainstorm, and plan for your career success.
Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM)
We offer the Stanford Alumni Mentoring (SAM) platform to make it easier to reach out to alumni for career conversations. SAM is a database of over 5,000 alumni from a wide-range of identities, backgrounds, and industries – all of whom have volunteered to help you. These alumni are eager to pass on what they have learned to you and are happy to engage in career conversations no matter where you are in your career journey.