Career Support for Spouses of Students and Postdocs
Stanford Career Education offers career support for the spouses and domestic partners of all Stanford students and postdoctoral scholars. Our centers provide one 45-minute appointment per year as a courtesy to student spouses and partners. We are available to discuss topics such as career goals, employment options, and job search documents, such as resumes, cover letters, and LinkedIn profiles. For more in depth career support than we can provide, we encourage you to connect with other career professionals.
Making an appointment
The student/postdoc schedules the appointment on behalf of their spouse/partner.
- Schedule appointments in Handshake.
- Select the appointment category “Spouses & Domestic Partners.” Click through to the page where you can select an appointment time. In the upper right, select “Staff member” to see your choices.
- Select the staff member who matches the spouse/partner’s degree level and field of interest.
- Choose the preferred medium for the appointment from the Appointment Medium dropdown menu. Then, indicate the name of the spouse and the questions they have in the “What can we help you with?” box.
- Initial communication in advance of the appointment from the coach will be made with the student/postdoc who makes the appointment.
Please note that serving current Stanford students and postdocs is a priority for Stanford Career Education staff. As such, spouse/partner sessions may be delayed or rescheduled depending on the current demand for our services.
To learn more about workforce development agencies within California and the career services that they provide, visit this section of the Employment Development Division of California.